7/29/13

Pause for Prayer: TUESDAY 7/30



Slow me down today, Lord,
   and whisper a word or two
      in the quiet of my mind and heart...

When I'm cursing myself or others,
   whisper words of blessing...

When I'm judging others' words and deeds,
   whisper words of mercy...

When I've failed and when I've sinned,
   whisper words of pardon...

When I'm facing loss and grief,
   whisper words of consolation...

When I'm stuck in my own foolishness,
   whisper words of wisdom...

When I'm confounded and confused,
   whisper words of counsel...

When I'm caught up in my lies,
   whisper words of truth...

When life is just too tough to take,
   whisper words of hope...

When my heart is broken, hurt and wounded,
   whisper words of healing...

When I'm at war within myself or with my neighbor,
   whisper words of peace...

When my voice is still and silent,
   whisper words that I might speak...

But first, Lord, slow me down
   and help me find a quiet place to hear
      the whisper of your word...





   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!