10/1/13

Pause for Prayer: WEDNESDAY 10/2

Image source

If you remain in my word, 
you will truly be my disciples, 
and you will know the truth, 
and the truth will set you free...
- John 8:32


Audio for today's Pause for Prayer
 


Keep me faithful to your truth, Lord:
to the whole truth,
and nothing but the truth
and help me, God, so that
your truth becomes my own...

Lord,
keep me faithful, today,
to your word and to your truth:
in all I say,
and in everything I do;
in my thoughts and prayer
and in my work;
in all my relationships
and in every choice I make...

Keep me faithful to the truth, Lord:
the truth your word has taught me,
the truth that forms my conscience,
the truth that stirs my heart,
the truth you whisper in my soul,
the truth that comes from you
and not from me...

Keep me faithful to the truth, Lord:
when I'm tempted to deny it or to hide it;
when it's easier to lie,
when the truth is hard, unpopular;
when the truth's not what I'd rather think
or speak or hear or know or share...

Keep me faithful to your word
and let your truth, Lord,
set me free...

Let your truth, Lord, set me free...

Amen.



 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!