8/18/14

Pause for Prayer: TUESDAY 8/19



Of all the things I have to do today, Lord...

    which is most important?

    will best help me spend myself
        in service of my neighbor?   

    will best mirror your mercy and love?

    will best help me be the person
       you created me to be?

    will best speak the truth
        of what's wise and pure?
 
    will best help me to what is just
        love what is good 
            and walk humbly with you?


And of all things I have to do today, Lord...

    which is least important?

    is least mindful of my neighbor?

    is least a mirror of your mercy?

    is least apt to make of me
       the person I am called to be?

    is furthest from the purity
        of all that wise and true? 

     is least likely to lead me
        to do what is good, love what is just
            and walk humbly by your side?  
 
Give me wisdom, Lord, and grace
    to choose carefully and wisely
       among all the things 
            I have to do today...



 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!