1/30/15

Pause for Prayer: SATURDAY 1/31



Suppose the Lord were waiting in the next room:
   waiting to spend some time with you,
      waiting to listen to you, 

         waiting to speak with you...
            waiting to be with you... 
               waiting for you... 

Well, he's not waiting in the next room:
   he's much closer than that:
      he's already with you, 
         waiting for you in your heart...

You don't have to move an inch
   to spend time with him, 
      to speak to him,
         to listen for his word of peace...
            to be with him...

Lord, slow me down, close my eyes

   and open my heart 
      to your presence within me, now...

You're here by my side, 
   waiting to spend time with me,
      waiting to listen to me,

         waiting to speak your word of peace:
            you are with me and waiting for me, now...

Be with me, Lord, and hear my prayer:

   right here, right now,
      in my heart of hearts...




 

 
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!