4/26/15

Monday Morning Offering: 4/27


Image: George Mendoza

(What can I say?  The image of the Lord as my shepherd is a big one for me so it's been my coloring my prayer - and yours, if you've been pausing to pray with me...)

Good morning, good God!

I need a shepherd, Lord,
and you're the Good Shepherd
whose voice I listen for,
whose word I want to hear,
whose path I want to follow...

But, so often I get lost
and need a shepherd even more...

So I offer you my need to be guarded, to be guided,
to be led along the path
that leads to happiness and peace...

I off you my longing
to be refreshed, renewed
and reconciled to your ways...

I offer you my hope
that I'll learn to want for nothing
save the things I truly need,
the gifts you freely offer...

I offer you my prayer
that I might come to see
how every blessing flows from you...

I offer you my plea
to be guided through the valley of my fears
to the meadows where your peace will bring me joy...

As a good shepherd does, Lord,
alert me to the wolf's approach,
to evil when it nears my path:
help me to trust that you are by my side,
always and forever...

Open my eyes, my heart and hands
that I might shepherd others, Lord,
whose paths cross my mine this day
and through the week ahead...

Amen.

(Here's a beautiful adaptation of Psalm 23:
may it bring you peace today...)





The Lord is my Shepherd, I have all I need,
He makes me lie down in green meadows,
Beside the still waters he will lead.

He restores my soul, he rights my wrongs,
He leads me in a path of good things,
And fills my heart with songs.

Even though I walk through a dark and dreary land,
There is nothing that can shake me,
He has said he won't forsake me,
I'm in his hand.

He sets a table before me in the presence of my foes,
He anoints my head with oil,
And my cup overflows.

Surely, surely goodness and kindness will follow me,
All the days of my life,
And I will live in his house,
Forever, forever and ever.

Glory be to our Father, and Brother,
And to the Holy of Holies,
As it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be,
Life, without end.  Amen.





   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!