4/25/15

Pause for Prayer: SATURDAY 4/25

Image source

The Lord is my shepherd; there is nothing I shall want. Fresh and green are the meadows where he gives me repose. Near restful waters he leads me, to revive my drooping spirit. He guides me along the right path;he is true to his name. You are there with your crook and your staff; with these you give me comfort...
-Psalm 23


A place where I want for nothing?
Meadows, fresh and green?
Restful waters to lift my spirits?
Sounds great -- I'm there, Lord!

Well, actually, it's more like I want to get there
and since on many days I'm not there,
I just might need someone 
to lead me on the right path, in the right direction -
someone to shepherd me...

I need someone like you, Lord, to shepherd me 
from nagging problems and troubles and fears,
from too many worries and distractions 
that keep me from just that peaceful place within me
where you wait, patiently, 
wait for me to settle down and rest
in the peace that only you can give...

Give me grace to find this place of peace,
the place I often miss because I run too fast
or waste my time or begin to think that I can find
on my own, without your help,
without you there to shepherd me...

Without your shepherd's lead I lose my way,
without your shepherd's crook I go astray,
without your shepherd's voice to call my name
I wander in dark valleys, in confusion and in fear...

But I know you're by my side, Lord,
always showing me the way and finding me
when I run off alone...

Be my shepherd, Lord, 
and lead me and guide me
to the meadows of your peace...

  



 
   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!