5/17/15

Monday Morning Offering: 5/18

Image: George Mendoza

Good morning, good God!

Some days, Lord,
I feel like I've run out of everything...

fuel gauge battery gif photo: Fuel Gauge Battery Gif Animation2.gif

Like  I've run out of energy, time and patience...

Like I've run out of interest, ideas and desire...

Like I've run out of strength, endurance and steam...

Like I've run out of heart, compassion and tenderness...

Like I've run out of faith or hope or love...

Some days, Lord,
I feel like I'm running on empty,
wondering if or when I'll
Just. Stop. Running.

At least that's how I feel, Lord...

But even on days when I feel
like I'm running on fumes,
something or someone (usually you)
fills up my soul, my heart and my mind,
recharges my will to begin once again
and reboots my spirit to take the next step,
to come back to life
and to walk again in your grace...

So, I offer you this morning, Lord,
the run out, run down feelings,
the places in my soul in need of you:
   empty places needing to be filled,
   sleepless nights in need of rest,
   dull edges needing to be sharpened,
   mindless thoughts in need of wisdom,
   shadows of doubt in need of trust,
   disappointments in need of a dream,
   selfish impulses in need of kindness,
   broken pieces in need of your grace,
   and vacant places in need of your presence...

Some days, Lord, there are just so many
run out, run down feelings:
so much emptiness to fill,
so much energy to supply,
so much of me to bring to life again...

So I offer you these feelings, Lord,
these places in my mind and heart
which only you can fill,
for no one else but you
can fill a tired empty soul
with faith and hope and love...

Fill me up, Lord,
with your mercy, your presence and your love...

Fill me up, Lord,
till my soul overflows with your grace...

Fill me up, Lord, with all that I need
to grow and to live, to remain in your peace...

Amen.

fuel gauge battery gif photo: Fuel Gauge Battery Gif Animation2.gif


 

   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!