7/30/15

Pause for Prayer: FRIDAY 7/31


Saw some of these signs on the highway today
and I wondered, Lord,
if you wouldn't mind placing some signs like these
on the sides of my life's path...

There will always be bumps
- some big, some small -
but if only you'd give me a warning, a hint,
a clue of what lies ahead...


A sign to caution me,
warn and advise me
that trouble's ahead,
a bump in the road,
all set to upset
the smooth ride I'm on...


Just a sign to slow
my pace and my hurry,
my waste-making haste,
my rushing and speeding
and failing to see
the bumps ahead on my path...


And sometimes it's you, Lord,
who put the bumps there,
speed bumps for slowing me down
and giving me:
   time to rest
     and renew my strength;
   time to be mindful
      of those around me;
   time to be faithful
      to you in prayer;
   time to rest
      and ponder with care
      the journey I'm on
      and why I'm rushing,
      and tripping and falling
      on bumps in the road
      - getting nowhere fast...


So, just slow me down, Lord:
big bumps or small,
I know there will always be some...

Just slow me down
to make the time
to be mindful of you,
my neighbor, myself
and the road I'm traveling
home to you...
   

 

   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!