7/27/15

Pause for Prayer: TUESDAY 7/28

Yarmouth - photo by Mark Penta

This summer, Lord, one night,
let me linger on the beach at dusk
to moonbathe while the sky's still blue,
before the stars come out to play...

Let me hear the tide's soft wash
when all the children have gone home
and put away their pails and shovels
for another sunny day...

Let my toes enjoy the moist cool kiss
of sand beneath my step
and leave a trail of twilight dreams
to mark the path of summer's grace...

Let a warm breeze brush my face
to let me know how near you are:
how softly falls your touch
upon my heart and in my soul...

Let the moonlight shine
on frothy waves
tracing lacy fans upon the shore
and teasing me to step a little closer...

Just once this summer, Lord,
let me linger on the beach at dusk
to moonbathe while the sky's still blue,
before the stars come out to play...



 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!